Safe travel to Greece
Update 21 June 2021
- From 19/06 and after, citizens ( and their legally proved husbands / wives & children ) of EU countries & Schengen countries as well as citizens of Albania, Australia, North Macedonia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, UAE, USA, UK, Japan, Israel, Canada, Belarus, Lebanon, Montenegro, Bahrain, New Zeeland, South Korea, Qatar China, Kuwait, Ukraine, Rwanda, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore & Thailand , may enter Greece also with negative Rapid test ( antigen test ).
The rapid test, must be negative, must have taken place no more than 48 hours before entering Greece from a certified ( public or private ) laboratory. Diagnosis should be written in one of the following languages: Greek, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish or Russian and should contain full name of the traveler, as written in the passport.
- From 19/06 and after, children up to 11,99 years old ( followed by their parents ) that have the right – based on their citizenship – to enter Greece, can do it without the need of providing negative tests or proof of vaccination ( the previous age limit was 6 yo ).
Update 13 May 2021
The German Council of ministers has announced the lift of the measure of compulsory quarantine for travelers returning from “high risk” countries. Quarantine can be omitted if German citizens dispose a certification of vaccination, or they have been tested negative for Covid-19 by taking a PCR laboratory test.
Update 12 May 2021
Serbian government has launched the “Green Certification”, in order to facilitate the travel of its citizens abroad.
Update 15 April 2021
- Greek government has announced the opening of its borders to foreign travelers from EU & Schengen Area countries, USA, UK, Israel, Serbia, UAE, New Zealand, Australia, South Korea, Thailand, Rwanda, Singapore, and the Russian Federation, without the requirement for subsequent self-isolation
- Non EU citizens are strongly advised to choose direct flights to Greece. In any other case, travelers should abide by the stop-over country requirements.
- Russian residents, limited to four thousand (4,000) per week, are allowed to enter Greece by air ONLY.
- Travelers may enter Greece through 9 airports in operation (Athens, Thessaloniki, Heraklion, Chania, Rhodes, Kos, Mikonos, Santorini, Corfu) or through 2 land boarders: Promachonas, Makaza (Nymfaia)